• A 17-year-old female reported Tuesday that three black females assaulted her in the 1100 block of Park Lane. She told police that she was walking down Park Lane when the three females confronted her and started hitting her with their fists and feet. She reported that one of the females grabbed a broken piece of chair and started hitting her several times. The teenager sustained a swollen and bleeding lip and a knot on her left chin, the report states. Emergency Medical Services arrived on the scene and transported the teenager to Tift Regional Medical Center. The report states that the offenders were last seen leaving the scene in a small blue car.
• A man reported Monday that he discovered that the panel of several mailboxes had been jimmied open at Meadowwood Apartments on North Tift Avenue, revealing all of the contents. The report states that it was unknown at the time if any of the tenants were missing items from their mailboxes.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
Rena Renee Saunders, 40, 382 Highway 125 S., was charged Wednesday with driving with a suspended or revoked license.
Alicia Aubrianna Singleton, 17, 1311 Daniel Lane, was charged Wednesday with two counts of simple battery.
TIFT CO. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
James Joseph Lunsford, 42, 115 W. 11th St., was charged Tuesday with driving with a suspended or revoked license, speeding, operation of vehicle on approach violation and failure to maintain lane.
Xavier Omar McWhorter, 26, 2509 Amherst St., Brunswick, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation and abandonment of dependent child support.
Hector Javie Nunez-Almaguer, 36, 134 Hardy Ave., Omega, was charged Tuesday with a safety restraint violation and driving with an expired license.
Craig Chappell Samuel, 53, St. Petersburg, Fla., was charged Monday with DUI, an open container violation, failure to maintain lane and improper lane change.
Ronald Lee Sutton, 47, 2516 Jack Glover Lane, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
GEORGIA STATE PATROL
Teresa Woodard Day, 48, 42 Paradise Lake Road, was charged Wednesday with missing tail/tag lights and driving with a suspended or revoked license.
Candi Leigh Ramirez, 22, 1425 Sutton Circle, Lot E, was charged Wednesday with driving with a suspended or revoked license and failure to yield at yield sign.
- Local News
Ocilla firefighter answers the call – at his own home
Captain Kenneth Hendley, with the Ocilla Fire Department, answered a call Tuesday afternoon, just as he's done hundreds of times before.Continued ...
- Couple robbed at gunpoint
- Woman robbed while child waits in car
- Officers follow 'gut' – get the guy
- TCHS, CSE get just 'rewards'
- Ocilla firefighter answers the call – at his own home
- Local Sports
Joseph Spinks attends the GISA All-Star game with his parents, Michael and Marcie Spinks.
Our Opinion: Hoop jumping is for the birds
We received some information about recent conversations concerning Colony Bank’s efforts to purchase the property on Central Avenue where the old ice house is located. The plan is to turn the building into a new bank location, while maintaining the integrity of the original building, and keeping in mind the historic value of it.
- Letter to the Editor – Thanks to all for the help for Hometown Holidays
- Rants & Raves - December 12
- It’s the little things that we remember
- Letter to the Editor – Shop local this holiday season
- Our Opinion: Hoop jumping is for the birds
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda