• A woman who lives in the 40 block of Green Road reported Wednesday that a Hispanic female entered her residence, assaulted her with a stone and stole her firearm from the house.
• A couple who lives in the 600 block of East Eighth Street reported Wednesday that someone entered their residence and stole some money, shoes and personal documentation.
• A woman with Universal Financial Group, located in the 1000 block of North Central Avenue, reported Wednesday that someone forcefully entered the business and took several items. She reported that there was broken glass and the door was damaged. The report states that an undisclosed amount of money was stolen from the business, as well as some other items.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
Antonio Terrell Bentley, 28, 608 S.E. Eighth St., Cordele, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
Myeisha Denise Ford, 17, 517 E. 18th St., was charged Wednesday with simple battery (family violence).
Deborah Lee Uzowihe, 45, 1103 S. Central Ave., was charged Wednesday with public drunkenness.
Stanchez Alphonso Wright, 22, 1142 O’Quinn Drive, was charged Tuesday with a probation violation.
TIFT CO. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
William Cadwell, 70, 128 N. Hutchinson Ave., Adel, was charged Wednesday with deposit account fraud.
Latisa Shandrell Carridine, 26, 410 Church Lane, was charged Wednesday with obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers without force.
Demetris Maurice Collins, 27, 1501 Myrtle St., Apt. B-4, Valdosta, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
Danny Lee Denson, 33, 2915 S. Central Ave., Apt. B-2, was charged Wednesday with driving with a suspended or revoked license, obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers without force, two probation violations and fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer.
Charles Edward Monroe, 27, 718 17 1/2 St., was charged Wednesday with abandonment of dependent child support.
Michael Dennis Smith, 36, 888 Doc Darby Shire Road, Norman Park, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
- Local News
Tifton native hopes to be Home Free during ‘Sing-Off’
Returning Monday night for a fourth season is NBC’s a cappella singing competition, “The Sing-Off,” which will feature Tifton native Austin Brown.Continued ...
Performing with the group Home Free, 27-year-old Brown says he couldn’t ask for more or be more excited to have been given the opportunity to compete on the show.
“There’s no other platform like this for a group like Home Free,” he told The Tifton Gazette in a phone interview.
- County tables dress ordinance until 2014
- Freedom Seekers turn out in Tifton
- Rain does not damper annual Christmas parade
- Get Affordable Care answers at free event
- Tifton native hopes to be Home Free during ‘Sing-Off’
- Local Sports
Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to baseball Hall
Joe Torre, Tony La Russa and Bobby Cox, baseball's winningest managers over the past four decades, were unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame on Monday by the expansion era committee.
All three won more than 2,000 games and were selected on all 16 ballots when the committee met Sunday ahead of baseball's winter meetings.
- Blocked point after dooms Irwin County
- Panthers sweep SGA
- Powell going to Semper Fidelis Bowl
- Cook Hornets hoops squads off to fast start
- Torre, La Russa, Cox elected to baseball Hall
Letter to the Editor – Visitor lauds LEOs,EMTs
On Saturday morning, I was driving my truck pulling a motorcycle trailer following the Freedom Seekers annual Toy Ride in Tifton. All of us (more than 100) were excited about the large turnout to make many underprivileged children have a joyous Christmas.
- Letter to the Editor – Sign more of a distraction
- Rants & Raves - December 10
- Letter to the Editor for Dec. 8
- Our Opinion for Dec. 28
- Letter to the Editor – Visitor lauds LEOs,EMTs
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda