• A woman who lives in the 40 block of Green Road reported Wednesday that a Hispanic female entered her residence, assaulted her with a stone and stole her firearm from the house.
• A couple who lives in the 600 block of East Eighth Street reported Wednesday that someone entered their residence and stole some money, shoes and personal documentation.
• A woman with Universal Financial Group, located in the 1000 block of North Central Avenue, reported Wednesday that someone forcefully entered the business and took several items. She reported that there was broken glass and the door was damaged. The report states that an undisclosed amount of money was stolen from the business, as well as some other items.
TIFTON POLICE DEPT.
Antonio Terrell Bentley, 28, 608 S.E. Eighth St., Cordele, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
Myeisha Denise Ford, 17, 517 E. 18th St., was charged Wednesday with simple battery (family violence).
Deborah Lee Uzowihe, 45, 1103 S. Central Ave., was charged Wednesday with public drunkenness.
Stanchez Alphonso Wright, 22, 1142 O’Quinn Drive, was charged Tuesday with a probation violation.
TIFT CO. SHERIFF’S OFFICE
William Cadwell, 70, 128 N. Hutchinson Ave., Adel, was charged Wednesday with deposit account fraud.
Latisa Shandrell Carridine, 26, 410 Church Lane, was charged Wednesday with obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers without force.
Demetris Maurice Collins, 27, 1501 Myrtle St., Apt. B-4, Valdosta, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
Danny Lee Denson, 33, 2915 S. Central Ave., Apt. B-2, was charged Wednesday with driving with a suspended or revoked license, obstruction or hindering law enforcement officers without force, two probation violations and fleeing or attempting to elude a police officer.
Charles Edward Monroe, 27, 718 17 1/2 St., was charged Wednesday with abandonment of dependent child support.
Michael Dennis Smith, 36, 888 Doc Darby Shire Road, Norman Park, was charged Wednesday with a probation violation.
- Local News
Breathe Run set for March 16
The second annual Breathe Run & Family Fun Day will be held March 16 at Heritage Church in Moultrie, from 3 to 6 p.m.Continued ...
The run will benefit Breathe Ministry at the church, which works with special needs children and adults from all over South Georgia. All proceeds from the event will be used to purchase a handicap-accessible van for use by Breathe.
- No furlough day for teachers
- Burglary reports take up time of local law enforcement
- Benson qualifies for State Court Judge
- Things are looking peachy for Georgia's 2nd biggest crop
- Breathe Run set for March 16
- Local Sports
Devils down to their final game
Dr. Eric Holland does not have the jitters. His Tift County Blue Devils are individually playing in their first state basketball championship game Saturday night at 8:45 p.m. at the Macon Centreplex against the Wheeler Wildcats. For him, this is old hat.
"I'm excited like always, but never nervous," he said. He believes the team will follow his example. "Our preparation has been good and our emotions are intact. This is the most focused I've seen them."
- Buddy Nobles is new head Irwin County head football coach
- Tucker’s team first to go to state finals
- Wilkinson wins over Turner County
- Rebels to take on Wilkinson for state title today
- Devils down to their final game
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda