TY TY — Jim "Milk Boy" McKenzie, 80, of Ty Ty passed away Monday, Feb. 24, 2014 at Tift Regional Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at 11a.m. Saturday in the sanctuary of Solomon Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Ty Ty. Care has been entrusted to Frank and Solomon Nixon Funeral Home. Please visit www.nixonfh.net to sign the online guestbook.
- Local News
Accident claims life, driver arrested
A motor vehicle accident involving a pedestrian early Friday morning resulted in a local man's death.Continued ...
According to a motor vehicle accident report filed at the Tifton Police Department, shortly after 8 a.m., a female witness said she was eastbound in the right lane on U.S. Highway 82 behind a white 2008 Chevrolet Silverado, which was being driven by 26-year-old Riley Jake Hulsey of Alapaha, when they stopped for a red light at U.S. Highway 41 (South Main Street).
- Having some ‘egg-celent’ fun
- Benefit cookout to be held in Omega
- Museum to offer summer camps for kids
- Special Olympics Friday
- Accident claims life, driver arrested
- Local Sports
Devils to dine on Coffee and Crisp
Big games and a big trip. Life takes an exciting turn over the next few days for the Diamond Devils of Tift County High. They start with a doubleheader this afternoon at 4:30 with the Coffee Trojans. Two days later, they will sliding into bases at Turner Field.
- Lady Panthers gouge GCS, 7-1
- Nashville hosts 5th annual Tyler Carter Memorial Duathlon
- McMinn, Beier shut down Glenwood
- Panthers ready for region track championships
- Devils to dine on Coffee and Crisp
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda