ARABI — Belinda Monroe Watson, 48, of Arabi died Thursday, Feb. 13, 2014. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. today at Ashburn First Baptist Church with burial to follow at Bay Springs Baptist Church Cemetery in Crisp County. Survivors include her husband, Mack Watson of Arabi; mother, Runea C. Monroe; and brother, Ronald D. Monroe of Ashburn. You may sign the online guest book and share your special condolences and memories with the family by visiting www.perryfuneralchapel.com. Perry Funeral Chapel is in charge of local arrangements.
- Local News
Relay for Life this Friday in Tifton
At Relay for Life events, communities across the globe come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much, according to Relay for Life.Continued ...
The public can get involved locally by attending the Relay for Life of Tift County, which kicks off at 7 p.m. Friday at the E.B. Hamilton Complex and Optimist Park with the opening ceremony. A survivor reception will be held at 6 p.m. at the pavilion.
- Dewey Lee receives honor
- Disabled artists exhibit begins May 1 at Georgia Museum of Agriculture
- Senior community looks to expand
- Stolen debit card returned
- Relay for Life this Friday in Tifton
- Local Sports
Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
For Ryan Branch and the Tiftarea Academy Panthers football team, it is one step closer to a regular football schedule. They have 10 games this year, down from the 11 of the past two.
- Horne named to MaxPreps freshman squad
- ABAC golf team finishes eighth in district championship
- Tiftarea headed for state track meet
- Blue Devils slide past ‘Cats on Senior Day
- Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda