ADEL — Danny Hall, 60, of Adel died Sunday, March 30, 2014, at Langdale Hospice House in Valdosta. Funeral services will be held at 4 p.m. Thursday at Adel United Methodist Church. In keeping with Mr. Hall's wishes, he will be cremated following the funeral service. The family will receive friends from 6 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Boone Funeral Home, located at 1804 S. Hutchinson Ave. in Adel. Mr. Hall is survived by his wife, Jane Cotton Hall of Adel. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.boonefunerals.com. Boone Funeral Home is serving the Hall family.
- Local News
Barr wins BOE seat over Golden
Tuesday's primary runoff election proved to be a close one for the local Tift County Board of Education District 4 race between Keith Barr and Richard Golden. Barr took the overall win with 511 votes (53.23 percent). Golden garnered 449 votes (46.77 percent).Continued ...
- Melton takes top spot in Tifton Idol
- Sprucing up for the new school year
- Runoff primary to decide nominations for Congress
- Primary runoff for Ga. schools post, Congress
- Barr wins BOE seat over Golden
- Local Sports
Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
Get out the party hats. Or to be true to the events, the party helmets. With the season just around the corner, the inaugural Taste of Tifton is on its way Aug. 2 as a kick-off party for the Tift County Blue Devils football team at Eighth Street Middle.
- Trophy time at Brumby camp
- Local swimmers 4th at state meet
- Parents meeting tonight at TCHS
- Two area golfers to play for world title
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda