TIFTON — Two people were injured in a wreck at about 7:20 a.m. Monday between the Eighth Street and ABAC exits of I-75, although a GSP trooper said neither of them was transported by ambulance. Cpl. Kevin Sykes of Georgia State Patrol Post 13 said a Jeep Wrangler and a Pontiac Grand Am were traveling in the southbound lane when both cars slowed and the Jeep Wrangler was rear-ended by a tractor-trailer and pushed into the back of the Pontiac. The tractor-trailer ended up on top of a concrete barrier in the center of the median and traffic was slowed in the northbound lane for more than two hours until the wreckage could be moved. The truckdriver, Daniel Albertson of Dalton, was charged with following too closely, Sykes said. Another accident also occurred Monday on I-75 in Tifton, at 7:45 a.m. at the 63 mile marker.
- Local News
Trees headed to troops in time for the holidays
The first pickup of Christmas trees at the Brumby and White Christmas Tree Farm Thursday morning for the Trees for Troops program was a success as volunteers helped cut, bale, tag and load the trees to be delivered to designated pickup points throughout the area.
- Carpenter Road church’s annual live nativity set for Dec. 13, 14
- Hometown Holidays: Where to go...What to do
- Get Affordable Care answers at free event
- Wrong way flight leads to arrest
- Trees headed to troops in time for the holidays
- Local Sports
Charlton slips by Irwin in semis, 34-33
After defeating the Charlton County Indians, 29-26, on a last second field goal on Nov. 6, the Irwin County Indians saw a kick again decide their fate against Charlton.
- Prep playoffs scores for Dec. 6
- Devils, Westover split Friday games
- Tough, busy weekend for Tift basketball
- Column: Wishing I could be two places at once tonight
- Charlton slips by Irwin in semis, 34-33
Letter to the Editor – Hands On Tifton a success because of volunteers, donors
The first annual Hands on Tifton day of service was incredible, but knowing the people of Tifton and how they care about this community, it was no surprise. There were 17 or so projects that were initiated or completed Nov. 16.
- Rants & Raves - December 6
- Rants & Raves - December 5
- Send the snipers to the unemployment line
- Rants & Raves - December 4
- Letter to the Editor – Hands On Tifton a success because of volunteers, donors
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda