TIFTON — Forest Lakes Golf Course Superintendent Austin Lawton, right, presents a plaque of appreciation to Dirk Hessman, golf field repairs/technical service representative from Ewing Irrigation for his company's work in helping to install new irrigation equipment donated by Hunter Golf Irrigation at the course. Tifton ophthalmologist Larry Moorman and his wife, Debra, donated the nine-hole course to the ABAC Foundation in 2002. The course is open to the public on a daily basis but is also used as a teaching laboratory for Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College students in the turfgrass and golf course management bachelor's degree program.
- Local News
- Local Sports
Lady Devils return to softball field next week
With August comes the chiming of school bells. Not far behind are prep sports and the one of the first teams to get into action will be the Tift County Lady Devils softball team.
- Str8 Ballas hosting Friendly City Kickoff Classic Sunday
- Worth Rams ready to don the pads
- Carhartt Bassmaster team championship to air on ESPNU
- Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Lady Devils return to softball field next week
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda