TIFTON — Large smiles and loud laughter could be seen and heard Wednesday morning as a room full of students enjoyed actors with the American Theater Arts for Youth Inc. performing “The Wizard of Oz” at the Tift Theatre. The actors were Lindsay Frazier as Ms. Scragg/Wicked Witch, Mary DeMan as Aunt Em/Good Witch, Kate Keating as Dorothy, Nick Martiniano as Lionel/Lion, Eddie Walker as Slim/Scarecrow and Josh Ball as Rusty/Tinman. The sound was done by Corey McIntyre. The director was David Leidholdt, and the stage manager/lighting technician was Thomas Coppola. Schools that attended were kindergarten and first grade classes from G.O. Bailey Primary School in Tifton, Eastside Elementary School in Douglas and Indian Creek Elementary School in Douglas.
- Local News
‘Stuff the Bus’ school supply drive returns
“In a few weeks, our school buses will be filled by children heading back to school. Between now and then, our community can fill one of those buses to the roof with school supplies for local children in need,” said Greg Millette, local United Way executive.Continued ...
- Barr: 'It was a hard-fought campaign'
- Supercharger open and ready for business – for Tesla owners
- Local church to host ‘green’ workshop
- MTC Tifton PBL students, adviser recognized on national level
- ‘Stuff the Bus’ school supply drive returns
- Local Sports
Brown starting Pop Warner squad
Dreams do come true, if you ask Brian Brown. Waiting for years to set up a youth football league in Tift County, he finally has his chance. He hosts a Heads Up football camp this morning and is starting up Pop Warner teams.
"It's been a dream of mine for 10 years," he said.
- Murphy named All American
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Trophy time at Brumby camp
- Local swimmers 4th at state meet
- Brown starting Pop Warner squad
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda