NASHVILLE — Kathleen Mildred May, 86, of Nashville, died Friday March 7, 2014 in the South Georgia Medical Center (Berrien Campus). She is survived by two sons: James (Nancy) May and Wayne (Barbara) May, all of Nashville; a sister, Julia Murray of Nashville; a brother, Raleigh Bailey of Nashville; two daughters-in-law: Weida May of Nashville and Beatrice May of Butler; eight grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren. Funeral services will be held Monday at 11 a.m. in the Hope Baptist Churchg. Interment will follow in the Westview Cemetery. Visitation is today from 6-8 p.m. Sunday from 6 to 8 PM. Lovein Funeral Home of Nashville is in charge of the arrangements.
- Local News
Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
A six-week internship program with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is having a life-changing impact on high school students statewide.Continued ...
Nikki Vellidis, a rising senior at Tift County High School, admits to being surprised by the information she was able to learn during her second year in the Young Scholars Program.
- United Way celebrates 50th anniversary
- Teen struck by vehicle Saturday
- Woods wins runoff for state super – pending another recount
- Foundation awards scholarships to 262 students
- Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
- Local Sports
Lady Devils return to softball field next week
With August comes the chiming of school bells. Not far behind are prep sports and the one of the first teams to get into action will be the Tift County Lady Devils softball team.
- Str8 Ballas hosting Friendly City Kickoff Classic Sunday
- Worth Rams ready to don the pads
- Carhartt Bassmaster team championship to air on ESPNU
- Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Lady Devils return to softball field next week
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda