Mary Ann Fullard of Ashburn, died Monday, Nov. 19, 2012, at an Atlanta hospital after a brief illness. Services will be held at a later date to be announced. Survivors include her husband, William Fullard of Ashburn; her daughters, Donna Beckom of Warwick, Charlotte Harris of North Pole, Ak. and Anna Roberts of Wenona; a son, Vernon Morris of Fairbacks, Ak.; two grandchildren and her sisters, Clara R. Harrell and Sue Haney, both of Fitzgerald and Bonnie Sue Jowers of Wray.
- Local News
Summerlin named PAGE STAR student region winner
John Collin Summerlin, a high school senior at Tift County High School, has been named a 2014 PAGE STAR Student for PAGE STAR Region 10. PAGE Executive Director Dr. Allene Magill made the announcement during the Region 10 PAGE STAR banquet, which was held at the Valdosta Country Club March 13. Summerlin, the son of Karen Summerlin of Tifton, selected Debbie Salter, an English teacher at Tift County High School, as his STAR teacher. PAGE STAR Region Chair Karil Brockington and the Valdosta-Lowndes Chamber of Commerce hosted the event. Summerlin received a $500 cash award provided by the PAGE Foundation and Salter was awarded a $200 cash award from the Georgia Chamber of Commerce, co-sponsor of the state program.Continued ...
- BOE to move forward with charter system plans
- Smith completes Eagle Scout project at the Georgia Museum of Agriculture
- Leading AR readers recognized
- Two fires at same location suspected to both be arson
- Summerlin named PAGE STAR student region winner
- Local Sports
Stallions complete weekend sweep of Chargers
A.J. Benefield provided the big blow for the ABAC Stallions Saturday afternoon as they took an 8-3 win over the Georgia Highlands Chargers. Benefield hit a 2-run blast in the bottom of the 4th that gave the Stallions some breathing room after their opponents had scored in the top half of the frame to clip the lead to 3-2.
- Lady Panthers beat Valwood
- Diamond Devils finally fall, split doubleheader with Lowndes
- Tift Gymnastics Academy wins at National Challenge
- Stallions outpace Chargers
- Stallions complete weekend sweep of Chargers
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda