NASHVILLE — Betty Cook, 80, of Nashville, died Monday, Feb. 17, 2014 at Tift Regional Medical Center. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Friday at Nashville First Church of the Nazarene with the Rev. Ray Dean and the Rev. Charles Barton officiating. Visitation will be held from 6 until 8 p.m. Thursday at Lovein Funeral Home. She is survived by her husband, L.C. Cook Jr. of Nashville; three daughters, Pat O'Steen, Debra Cornelius and Kay Franklin, all of Nashville; two sons, Hank Franklin and Glenn Franklin, both of Nashville. Lovein Funeral Home, Nashville is in charge of arrangements.
- Local News
Leadership is key, no matter where you're going
As part of Administrative Professionals Week, the Tiftarea Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals hosted an Administrative Professionals Day luncheon Wednesday at the Tift Regional Medical Center Community Event Center at the Tiftarea YMCA. The event was jointly sponsored by The Tifton Gazette.Continued ...
- Cotton irrigation app helps farmers manage water usage
- TRMC computer system upgrade ‘monumental’
- Dewey Lee receives honor
- Relay for Life this Friday in Tifton
- Leadership is key, no matter where you're going
- Local Sports
Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
For Ryan Branch and the Tiftarea Academy Panthers football team, it is one step closer to a regular football schedule. They have 10 games this year, down from the 11 of the past two.
- Bulloch Academy upsets Lady Panthers, 2-1
- Fillies ready for GCAA softball tourney
- Horne named to MaxPreps freshman squad
- ABAC golf team finishes eighth in district championship
- Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda