ADEL — Barbara Hamner Rowan, 60, of Adel passed away Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2014 at her home. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Sparks Baptist Church with Rev. William Davis officiating. Interment will follow at Woodlawn Memorial Gardens on Val-Del Road. The Rowan family will receive friends from 6 until 8 p.m. Friday at Boone Funeral Home, 1804 S. Hutchinson Ave., in Adel. Mrs. Rowan is survived by her husband, Robert Calvin Rowan of Adel; a son and daughter-in-law, Michael and Casey Rowan of Omaha; a daughter and son-in-law, Christie Rowan Folsom and Lee Folsom of Adel. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.boonefunerals.com. Boone Funeral Home is serving the Rowan family.
- Local News
Leadership is key, no matter where you're going
As part of Administrative Professionals Week, the Tiftarea Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals hosted an Administrative Professionals Day luncheon Wednesday at the Tift Regional Medical Center Community Event Center at the Tiftarea YMCA. The event was jointly sponsored by The Tifton Gazette.Continued ...
- Cotton irrigation app helps farmers manage water usage
- TRMC computer system upgrade ‘monumental’
- Dewey Lee receives honor
- Relay for Life this Friday in Tifton
- Leadership is key, no matter where you're going
- Local Sports
Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
For Ryan Branch and the Tiftarea Academy Panthers football team, it is one step closer to a regular football schedule. They have 10 games this year, down from the 11 of the past two.
- Bulloch Academy upsets Lady Panthers, 2-1
- Fillies ready for GCAA softball tourney
- Horne named to MaxPreps freshman squad
- ABAC golf team finishes eighth in district championship
- Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda