TIFTON — Kathleen Waters, 54, of Tifton died Monday, Jan. 27, 2014 at her residence. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Beulah Hill Family Life Center with burial to follow at Oakridge Cemetery. A repast will conclude at Leroy Rogers Center. She is survived by her mother, Mary Waters of Tifton; her siblings, Shirley Ann Griffin of Britten, Eddie Waters of Valdosta, Randolph Waters of Brittian, Dinah Nixon of Tifton, Anatha Sims of Indianapolis, Ind. and Laron Wilcox of Tifton. You may sign the online guest book at www.southviewmortuary.com. Professional care and services are entrusted to Southview Mortuary Inc.
- Local News
Barr wins BOE seat over Golden
Tuesday's primary runoff election proved to be a close one for the local Tift County Board of Education District 4 race between Keith Barr and Richard Golden. Barr took the overall win with 511 votes (53.23 percent). Golden garnered 449 votes (46.77 percent).Continued ...
- Melton takes top spot in Tifton Idol
- Sprucing up for the new school year
- Runoff primary to decide nominations for Congress
- Primary runoff for Ga. schools post, Congress
- Barr wins BOE seat over Golden
- Local Sports
Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
Get out the party hats. Or to be true to the events, the party helmets. With the season just around the corner, the inaugural Taste of Tifton is on its way Aug. 2 as a kick-off party for the Tift County Blue Devils football team at Eighth Street Middle.
- Trophy time at Brumby camp
- Local swimmers 4th at state meet
- Parents meeting tonight at TCHS
- Two area golfers to play for world title
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda