TIFTON — Ethel Talley of Chula celebrated her 104th birthday at First Baptist Church Saturday afternoon when she was presented with a resolution from the Georgia House of Representatives by Rep. Buddy Harden, District 148. The resolution was also read in the House of Representatives. Surrounded by her family and friends, Talley said her faith and family have kept her going all these years. She smiled and thanked everyone for being there. Talley’s birthday was Jan. 22. So far, she has had three celebrations — one at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College for being the oldest alumnus, Cypress Pond and the third at First Baptist Church. Talley has three children — June Branch, Sue Sirmans and Buddy Talley.
- Local News
'Feed me, Seymour': Little Shop opens tonight at Tift
Somebody's hungry. But you may not like what's on the menu.Continued ...
"Little Shop of Horrors" opens tonight at the Tift Theatre for the Performing Arts, and the show promises to be entertaining, with a cast of locals eager to take the stage.
- 3-year-old left in car while mom in labor
- South Georgia farmers hope Satsuma oranges produce sweet results
- MTC Tifton PBL students, adviser recognized on national level
- Local church to host ‘green’ workshop
- 'Feed me, Seymour': Little Shop opens tonight at Tift
- Local Sports
Jensen Rainey (left) and Josie Arant will both be participating in the U.S. Kids Golf World Championship next week in North Carolina.
Tifton duo to take on the world
The invasion is set to begin July 31. That is the day that not just one, but two 11-year-old Tifton golfers hit the courses at Pinehurst, N.C. Their goal? A world championship.
Josie Arant and Jensen Rainey are the ones questing for this title, the U.S. Kids Golf World Championship. Actually, they both 11 for the moment. Josie will celebrate her 12th birthday Aug. 1, the second day of the tournament.
- Barbour shines at New York college
- Brown starting Pop Warner squad
- Murphy named All American
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Tifton duo to take on the world
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda