TIFTON — Ethel Talley of Chula celebrated her 104th birthday at First Baptist Church Saturday afternoon when she was presented with a resolution from the Georgia House of Representatives by Rep. Buddy Harden, District 148. The resolution was also read in the House of Representatives. Surrounded by her family and friends, Talley said her faith and family have kept her going all these years. She smiled and thanked everyone for being there. Talley’s birthday was Jan. 22. So far, she has had three celebrations — one at Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College for being the oldest alumnus, Cypress Pond and the third at First Baptist Church. Talley has three children — June Branch, Sue Sirmans and Buddy Talley.
- Local News
- Local Sports
John Gamble (right) is joined by John Reid at the Tiftarea YMCA Saturday.
Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Panthers gain additional home contest in 2014
- Column: Of football schedules and solutions for world peace
- Local sport stacking champs going to Junior Olympics
- Football coaches speak at TRMC health event
- Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda