TIFTON — Moultrie Technical College’s Economic Development Division recently nominated Tift County’s American Textile Company, a leading supplier of mattress and pillow protectors, bed pillows and mattress pads, for the 2014 Manufacturer of the Year award in the medium-size company category. The annual awards ceremony marks the culmination of Georgia Manufacturing Appreciation Week, which is co-hosted by the Technical College System of Georgia and Georgia’s Department of Economic Development, and is held in April each year. Pictured during the local plaque presentation in June, from left, are American Textile Plant Manager Rick Johnson and Distribution Manager Ron Ferrari with MTC’s Acting President Jim Glass, director of Economic Development Kelly Daniell, and Vice President of Economic Development David Evans.
- Local News
‘Stuff the Bus’ school supply drive returns
“In a few weeks, our school buses will be filled by children heading back to school. Between now and then, our community can fill one of those buses to the roof with school supplies for local children in need,” said Greg Millette, local United Way executive.Continued ...
- Barr: 'It was a hard-fought campaign'
- Supercharger open and ready for business – for Tesla owners
- Local church to host ‘green’ workshop
- MTC Tifton PBL students, adviser recognized on national level
- ‘Stuff the Bus’ school supply drive returns
- Local Sports
Brown starting Pop Warner squad
Dreams do come true, if you ask Brian Brown. Waiting for years to set up a youth football league in Tift County, he finally has his chance. He hosts a Heads Up football camp this morning and is starting up Pop Warner teams.
"It's been a dream of mine for 10 years," he said.
- Murphy named All American
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Trophy time at Brumby camp
- Local swimmers 4th at state meet
- Brown starting Pop Warner squad
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda