TIFTON — The old motel and beverage shop next to the Lamplighter Pub on Highway 41 North is in the process of being torn down, which will be replaced with a new mid-size Dollar General. Bill Binner, who has owned the property since 1975, is sad to see it go but happy for the progress on that end of town. The Lamplighter Pub sign out front will also be taken down; however, the business is not closing.
- Local News
Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
A six-week internship program with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is having a life-changing impact on high school students statewide.Continued ...
Nikki Vellidis, a rising senior at Tift County High School, admits to being surprised by the information she was able to learn during her second year in the Young Scholars Program.
- United Way celebrates 50th anniversary
- Teen struck by vehicle Saturday
- Woods wins runoff for state super – pending another recount
- Trail 37: Sipping wine at Still Pond and Horse Creek
- Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
- Local Sports
Worth Rams ready to don the pads
The pads come out Friday and by the sound of Jason Tone's voice, the Worth County Rams are ready for it.
"We're ready to start hitting," he said.
- Carhartt Bassmaster team championship to air on ESPNU
- Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Panthers gain additional home contest in 2014
- Column: Of football schedules and solutions for world peace
- Worth Rams ready to don the pads
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda