SPARKS — Vicki Hewett, 56, of Sparks died Saturday, July 12, 2014 at Gainesville Veterans Administration Hospital in Gainesville, Fla. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Adel Church of God with the Rev. Ashley Way officiating. Interment will follow at the Hewett Family Cemetery in Lowndes County (4596 Hwy. 122 East; Hahira). The Hewett family will receive friends from 6 until 8 p.m. today at Boone Funeral Home, 1804 S. Hutchinson Ave. in Adel. Miss Hewett is survived by her mother, Norma D. Hewett of Adel; a brother, Duane Hewett of Hahira; a sister Pam Ahrens of Sparks. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.boonefunerals.com. Boone Funeral Home is serving the Hewett Family.
- Local News
Barr wins BOE seat over Golden
Tuesday's primary runoff election proved to be a close one for the local Tift County Board of Education District 4 race between Keith Barr and Richard Golden. Barr took the overall win with 511 votes (53.23 percent). Golden garnered 449 votes (46.77 percent).Continued ...
- Melton takes top spot in Tifton Idol
- Sprucing up for the new school year
- Runoff primary to decide nominations for Congress
- Primary runoff for Ga. schools post, Congress
- Barr wins BOE seat over Golden
- Local Sports
Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
Get out the party hats. Or to be true to the events, the party helmets. With the season just around the corner, the inaugural Taste of Tifton is on its way Aug. 2 as a kick-off party for the Tift County Blue Devils football team at Eighth Street Middle.
- Trophy time at Brumby camp
- Local swimmers 4th at state meet
- Parents meeting tonight at TCHS
- Two area golfers to play for world title
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda