TIFTON — Tifton native and current Minnesota Viking linebacker Larry Dean made an appearance at the First Church of the Nazarene Thursday, where he talked to YMCA summer campers about his career and encouraged them to do well in school. Dean said he made the honor roll in every grade. He fielded questions from the kids, which included ones on Super Bowl aspirations, his age, if he was friends with Vikings running back Adrian Peterson and how many touchdowns had he scored.
- Local News
- Local Sports
John Gamble (right) is joined by John Reid at the Tiftarea YMCA Saturday.
Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
In addition to the local football coaches speaking Saturday at the Tift Regional Medical Center's Men's Health Event at the YMCA, three others from the area also spoke, Buddy Nobles of Irwin County, John Gamble of Turner County and Jason Strickland of Fitzgerald. Discussions ranged from the more conventional topics of scrimmages and rosters to stranger mentions of voodoo doctors.
- Panthers gain additional home contest in 2014
- Column: Of football schedules and solutions for world peace
- Local sport stacking champs going to Junior Olympics
- Football coaches speak at TRMC health event
- Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda