SPARKS — Mary Nell Baker, 76, of Sparks died Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014 at the Sparks Retirement Home. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Purvis Funeral Home with the Rev. Jimmie Hinson, and the Rev. Greg Hester officiating. Interment will follow at Lelia Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6 until 8 p.m. today at Purvis Funeral Home. Survivors include her daughters, Margaret Heacox of Lakeland, Fla., Grace Stevens of Holcomb, Mo., and Norma Bell of Adel; two sisters, Barbara Martin of Lakeland, Fla. and Bootsie Barber of Lenox. Flowers will be accepted, or donations may be made to Halcyon Hospice, 101 Northside Drive, Building E, Valdosta Ga. 31602. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.purvisfh.com. Purvis Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Local News
Drinking leads to arson
A Tifton man was arrested Friday for arson after he tried to set a house on fire.Continued ...
- Tifton Police focused on shootings: Several reports of shots fired in city
- Special Olympics set for Friday
- EMA Director discusses 911 with City Council
- TCFEE announces addition of new academic chair
- Drinking leads to arson
- Local Sports
McMinn, Beier shut down Glenwood
The Tiftarea Academy Panthers mustered only five hits Monday night, but that would be enough for them. Behind the arm of Noah McMinn, clutch hitting from Zach Beier and a big trick play, they bested the Glenwood (Ala.) Gators by a 2-1 score.
- Panthers ready for region track championships
- Tift wins Lady Trojan tourney
- Jackson named to MaxPreps squad
- Blue Devils to host region track meet
- McMinn, Beier shut down Glenwood
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda