SPARKS — Mary Nell Baker, 76, of Sparks died Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2014 at the Sparks Retirement Home. Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday at Purvis Funeral Home with the Rev. Jimmie Hinson, and the Rev. Greg Hester officiating. Interment will follow at Lelia Church Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6 until 8 p.m. today at Purvis Funeral Home. Survivors include her daughters, Margaret Heacox of Lakeland, Fla., Grace Stevens of Holcomb, Mo., and Norma Bell of Adel; two sisters, Barbara Martin of Lakeland, Fla. and Bootsie Barber of Lenox. Flowers will be accepted, or donations may be made to Halcyon Hospice, 101 Northside Drive, Building E, Valdosta Ga. 31602. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.purvisfh.com. Purvis Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.
- Local News
Leadership is key, no matter where you're going
As part of Administrative Professionals Week, the Tiftarea Chapter of the International Association of Administrative Professionals hosted an Administrative Professionals Day luncheon Wednesday at the Tift Regional Medical Center Community Event Center at the Tiftarea YMCA. The event was jointly sponsored by The Tifton Gazette.Continued ...
- Cotton irrigation app helps farmers manage water usage
- TRMC computer system upgrade ‘monumental’
- Dewey Lee receives honor
- Relay for Life this Friday in Tifton
- Leadership is key, no matter where you're going
- Local Sports
Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
For Ryan Branch and the Tiftarea Academy Panthers football team, it is one step closer to a regular football schedule. They have 10 games this year, down from the 11 of the past two.
- Bulloch Academy upsets Lady Panthers, 2-1
- Fillies ready for GCAA softball tourney
- Horne named to MaxPreps freshman squad
- ABAC golf team finishes eighth in district championship
- Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda