ASHBURN — Funeral services for Theron Cook, 81, of Ashburn will be held at 11 a.m. Wednesday at Clements Chapel Methodist Church with burial to follow at the church cemetery. Mr. Cook died Sunday, Feb. 16, 2014 following an extended illness. The family will receive friends from 6 until 8 p.m. today at Perry Funeral Chapel. Survivors include his wife, Whilden Willis Cook of Ashburn; three sons, Michael Craig Cook of Vienna, Sheldon Cook of Ashburn and Jerry Cook of Leesburg; three daughters, Ellen Gree of Poulan, Lajuana Ann Branch of Hazelhurst and Nancy Cook Reynolds of Poulan; and brother, Glynn Cook of Ashburn. You may sign the online guest book and share your special condolences and memories with the family by visiting www.perryfuneralchapel.com. Perry Funeral Chapel is in charge of local arrangements.
- Local News
Blue Devils host breast cancer awareness night, honor moms
“You’re cured.” Two simple words that can bring immeasurable relief to someone who has been diagnosed with cancer.Continued ...
Five young Tift County Blue Devil baseball players have found that two other words can bring solace when a loved one is suffering from cancer. Those words? “Play ball.”
- The ribbon is cut – Jo-Ann’s finally open
- Parents of infant found dead held on drug charges
- Cotton irrigation app helps farmers manage water usage
- TRMC computer system upgrade ‘monumental’
- Blue Devils host breast cancer awareness night, honor moms
- Local Sports
TCHS hosts Saturday’s track sectionals
Step one is over for the Tift County Blue Devils. The region track meet took place last week and now it is time for sectionals and for the second week in a row, Tifton will be host to a big group of athletes.
- Soccer playoffs set for Devils
- Needmore to host Southern Sprint Car Showdown
- Bulloch Academy upsets Lady Panthers, 2-1
- Fillies ready for GCAA softball tourney
- TCHS hosts Saturday’s track sectionals
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda