ADEL — Susan Mitchell Dobbins, 54, of Adel died Wednesday, Jan. 22, 2014 at South Georgia Medical Center in Valdosta. Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at Salem Primitive Baptist Church in Adel with Elder Tony Marshall, Elder Dwight Marshall and the Rev. Gary James officiating. Interment will follow at Woodlaw City Cemetery. The family will receive friends from 6 until 8 p.m. today at Boone Funeral Home, 1804 S. Hutchinson Ave. in Adel. Mrs. Dobbins is survived by her daughter Elizabeth D. McMillan of Adel. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.boonefunerals.com. Boone Funeral Home is serving the Dobbins family.
- Local News
Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
A six-week internship program with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is having a life-changing impact on high school students statewide.Continued ...
Nikki Vellidis, a rising senior at Tift County High School, admits to being surprised by the information she was able to learn during her second year in the Young Scholars Program.
- United Way celebrates 50th anniversary
- Teen struck by vehicle Saturday
- Woods wins runoff for state super – pending another recount
- Trail 37: Sipping wine at Still Pond and Horse Creek
- Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
- Local Sports
Worth Rams ready to don the pads
The pads come out Friday and by the sound of Jason Tone's voice, the Worth County Rams are ready for it.
"We're ready to start hitting," he said.
- Carhartt Bassmaster team championship to air on ESPNU
- Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Panthers gain additional home contest in 2014
- Column: Of football schedules and solutions for world peace
- Worth Rams ready to don the pads
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda