NASHVILLE — Jimmy Talmadge Young, 67, of Nashville, died Friday June 20, 2014 at the Langdale Hospice House. Funeral services will be held at 11 a.m. Thursday in the chapel of Lovein Funeral Home with Mr. Billy Willis officiating. Interment will follow at Sparks City Cemetery. Visitation will be held Thursday one hour prior to the service. He is survived by two sons, Wade Young of Sparks and Wyatt Young of Seattle, Wash.; a daughter, Tammy Gross of Dalton; two sisters, Ruby Elaine Dillard of Ty Ty and Laquetia Conner of Sparks; and a half-sister: Sara Hesters Farmer of Jacksonville, Fla. Lovein Funeral Home, Nashville is in charge of arrangements.
- Local News
‘Stuff the Bus’ school supply drive returns
“In a few weeks, our school buses will be filled by children heading back to school. Between now and then, our community can fill one of those buses to the roof with school supplies for local children in need,” said Greg Millette, local United Way executive.Continued ...
- Barr: 'It was a hard-fought campaign'
- Supercharger open and ready for business – for Tesla owners
- Local church to host ‘green’ workshop
- MTC Tifton PBL students, adviser recognized on national level
- ‘Stuff the Bus’ school supply drive returns
- Local Sports
Brown starting Pop Warner squad
Dreams do come true, if you ask Brian Brown. Waiting for years to set up a youth football league in Tift County, he finally has his chance. He hosts a Heads Up football camp this morning and is starting up Pop Warner teams.
"It's been a dream of mine for 10 years," he said.
- Murphy named All American
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Trophy time at Brumby camp
- Local swimmers 4th at state meet
- Brown starting Pop Warner squad
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda