TIFTON — Braxton Culpepper and Brady Barrentine brought home the year-end title of Champion Team Ropers at the SJRA finals Memorial Day weekend at Green Cove Springs, Fla. Team Culpepper/Barrentine roped hard all year long to bring home the titles of Champion Header and Champion Heeler. Both won saddles, buckles and head stalls for their hard work. Culpepper, 13, and Barrentine, 14, started roping together just before the season started in September 2013. Culpepper is the son of Brad and Misty Myers Culpepper of Sylvester and the grandson of Deborah Culpepper and the late Donnie Culpepper of Sylvester and Alan and Jeannie Myers of Ashburn. Barrentine is the son of Ben and Johnna Franks Barrentine of Enigma and the grandson of Peggie and Bentley Barrentine of Enigma and Lanny Franks and the late Jan Davis Franks of Tifton.
- Local News
Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
A six-week internship program with the University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences is having a life-changing impact on high school students statewide.Continued ...
Nikki Vellidis, a rising senior at Tift County High School, admits to being surprised by the information she was able to learn during her second year in the Young Scholars Program.
- United Way celebrates 50th anniversary
- Teen struck by vehicle Saturday
- Woods wins runoff for state super – pending another recount
- Trail 37: Sipping wine at Still Pond and Horse Creek
- Internship offers ‘life-changing’ experience for local students
- Local Sports
Worth Rams ready to don the pads
The pads come out Friday and by the sound of Jason Tone's voice, the Worth County Rams are ready for it.
"We're ready to start hitting," he said.
- Carhartt Bassmaster team championship to air on ESPNU
- Rosters, voodoo doctors topics at Kickoff to Men’s Health
- Panthers gain additional home contest in 2014
- Column: Of football schedules and solutions for world peace
- Worth Rams ready to don the pads
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda