TIFTON — A truck owned by Larry Conley caught fire in downtown Tifton Thursday, near Railway Freight on Main Street. Conley wasn't driving the truck at the time, and was unsure of the cause. No one was injured. The fire was at the back of the truck. A firefighter is shown here checking under the hood to be sure there is no chance of the fire sparking and starting again. In the photo on the right, taken by Beth Owen of Frames & Things on Main Street, the owner of the Hair Doctor, Greg Hall, is shown trying to put the fire out while Tift County firefighters were on the way.
- Local News
'Feed me, Seymour': Little Shop opens tonight at Tift
Somebody's hungry. But you may not like what's on the menu.Continued ...
"Little Shop of Horrors" opens tonight at the Tift Theatre for the Performing Arts, and the show promises to be entertaining, with a cast of locals eager to take the stage.
- 3-year-old left in car while mom in labor
- South Georgia farmers hope Satsuma oranges produce sweet results
- MTC Tifton PBL students, adviser recognized on national level
- Local church to host ‘green’ workshop
- 'Feed me, Seymour': Little Shop opens tonight at Tift
- Local Sports
Jensen Rainey (left) and Josie Arant will both be participating in the U.S. Kids Golf World Championship next week in North Carolina.
Tifton duo to take on the world
The invasion is set to begin July 31. That is the day that not just one, but two 11-year-old Tifton golfers hit the courses at Pinehurst, N.C. Their goal? A world championship.
Josie Arant and Jensen Rainey are the ones questing for this title, the U.S. Kids Golf World Championship. Actually, they both 11 for the moment. Josie will celebrate her 12th birthday Aug. 1, the second day of the tournament.
- Barbour shines at New York college
- Brown starting Pop Warner squad
- Murphy named All American
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Tifton duo to take on the world
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda