- Local News
Mathis named Tifton Employee of the Month for November
The city recognized Cindy Mathis with the Solid Waste Department as Employee of the Month for November at Monday’s City Council meetingContinued ...
- Discussion over DDA turns dark for City Council, mayor
- Keesee honored on final night as Tift City Council member
- Doctor lured to killer’s home for sex
- Updated healthcare.gov gets mixed reviews
- Mathis named Tifton Employee of the Month for November
- Local Sports
Cook moves to AAAA, 1-AAAAAA welcomes Lee Co.
The Georgia High School Association announced region alignments for 2014-16 Tuesday afternoon and some of the moves were quite surprising.
Travel has possibly been on their minds, as they have made some decisions that are football-specific. For example, Camden County will be in 1-AAAAAA for football, but in all other sports, will be in a subdivided 3-AAAAA.
- Lee has made big difference for Charlton
- 9th graders defeat Colquitt
- Tift County wrestlers to be in Fitzgerald Thursday
- Irwin County preparing to host state semis
- Cook moves to AAAA, 1-AAAAAA welcomes Lee Co.
Send the snipers to the unemployment line
Snipers. They’re everywhere. You turn this way, and PING! You’re hit. You turn that way and ZIP! A near miss.
This Tuesday, we decided to focus our front page coverage of the Monday night City Council meeting on the retirement of council member Marianna Keesee. That meeting was her last one, and we felt that after her years of service, both on the council and in the community, she deserved the front page. Someone even said that in a rant we received Tuesday morning.
- Rants & Raves - December 4
- Letter to the Editor – Coordinators thank relay centers, volunteers
- Rants & Raves - December 3
- Dear Santa: I’ve been good...I promise
- Send the snipers to the unemployment line
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda