TIFTON — Tift County Tax Commissioner Chad Alexander spoke to the Tifton Lions Club Tuesday. Among his topics of discussion was the title ad valorem tax, which took effect earlier this year. Vehicles purchased on or after March 1 and titled in the state of Georgia are exempt from sales and use tax and the "birthday tax," which has been replaced by a one-time tax that is based on the fair market value of the vehicle. For more information, call Alexander at his office at 386-7820.
- Local News
Trees headed to troops in time for the holidays
The first pickup of Christmas trees at the Brumby and White Christmas Tree Farm Thursday morning for the Trees for Troops program was a success as volunteers helped cut, bale, tag and load the trees to be delivered to designated pickup points throughout the area.
- Carpenter Road church’s annual live nativity set for Dec. 13, 14
- Hometown Holidays: Where to go...What to do
- Get Affordable Care answers at free event
- Wrong way flight leads to arrest
- Trees headed to troops in time for the holidays
- Local Sports
Irwin County running back James Curtis (10) takes the hand off from quarterback Kyle Posey against Johnson County last week. Shown blocking for Moore is teammate Jakyron Young (1).
Big game in Ocilla
The Irwin County Indians and the Charlton County Indians have played one of the most unique football series in the state of Georgia.
Irwin County won the first game played between the two schools in 1966, and went on to win the next 14 games in the series, going up to 1989.
- Tough, busy weekend for Tift basketball
- Column: Wishing I could be two places at once tonight
- Packers hope to be ‘wall-worthy’ tonight at Norcross
- Merritt is Irwin County’s heart and soul
- Big game in Ocilla
Letter to the Editor – Hands On Tifton a success because of volunteers, donors
The first annual Hands on Tifton day of service was incredible, but knowing the people of Tifton and how they care about this community, it was no surprise. There were 17 or so projects that were initiated or completed Nov. 16.
- Rants & Raves - December 6
- Rants & Raves - December 5
- Send the snipers to the unemployment line
- Rants & Raves - December 4
- Letter to the Editor – Hands On Tifton a success because of volunteers, donors
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda