TIFTON — Eighth graders at Tiftarea Academy recently participated in an Act of Random Kindness (ARK) which involved collecting items needed for the Georgia Baptist Children's Home in Baxley. Any student from the school could contribute items or money. In addition to boxes full of needed items, our group gave a donation of $520 to the activities fund for the children. On the way home from a field trip to Savannah, the eighth graders delivered the donated items to the home. The students were able to tour the facility and have made plans for a return trip to the home.
- Local News
‘Stuff the Bus’ school supply drive returns
“In a few weeks, our school buses will be filled by children heading back to school. Between now and then, our community can fill one of those buses to the roof with school supplies for local children in need,” said Greg Millette, local United Way executive.Continued ...
- Barr: 'It was a hard-fought campaign'
- Supercharger open and ready for business – for Tesla owners
- Local church to host ‘green’ workshop
- MTC Tifton PBL students, adviser recognized on national level
- ‘Stuff the Bus’ school supply drive returns
- Local Sports
Brown starting Pop Warner squad
Dreams do come true, if you ask Brian Brown. Waiting for years to set up a youth football league in Tift County, he finally has his chance. He hosts a Heads Up football camp this morning and is starting up Pop Warner teams.
"It's been a dream of mine for 10 years," he said.
- Murphy named All American
- Devils to host first Taste of Tifton
- Trophy time at Brumby camp
- Local swimmers 4th at state meet
- Brown starting Pop Warner squad
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda