TIFTON — Eighth graders at Tiftarea Academy recently participated in an Act of Random Kindness (ARK) which involved collecting items needed for the Georgia Baptist Children's Home in Baxley. Any student from the school could contribute items or money. In addition to boxes full of needed items, our group gave a donation of $520 to the activities fund for the children. On the way home from a field trip to Savannah, the eighth graders delivered the donated items to the home. The students were able to tour the facility and have made plans for a return trip to the home.
- Local News
Give back while you give to others
The United Way of South Central Georgia has many ways to raise funds to support its programs and provide assistance for local residents. But one of its newest ways is an online store, located on the organization's website at www.uway-socenga.org.Continued ...
- Freedom Seekers turn out in Tifton
- County tables dress ordinance until 2014
- TCHS, CSE get just 'rewards'
- Tifton native hopes to be Home Free during ‘Sing-Off’
- Give back while you give to others
- Local Sports
Joseph Spinks attends the GISA All-Star game with his parents, Michael and Marcie Spinks.
It’s the little things that we remember
I saw this in the local newspaper when I lived in Bend, Ore. I hung on to it, and I just had to share...
- Letter to the Editor – Shop local this holiday season
- Rants & Raves - December 11
- Letter to the Editor – Visitor lauds LEOs,EMTs
- Letter to the Editor – Sign more of a distraction
- It’s the little things that we remember
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda