Angelina Wood, 30, of Adel, passed away Tuesday Oct. 23, 2012 at Phoebe North Hospital in Albany. Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday at Greegs Baptist Church Cemetery. The will receive friends from noon until 1:30 p.m. at Boone Funeral Home, 1804 S. Hutchinson Ave., Adel. She is survived by her parents, Gary L. and Linda Wood of Adel and two brothers, Anthony Sprague of Hahira and Rodney Sprague of Lenox. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.boonefunerals.com. Boone Funeral Home is serving the Wood family.
- Local News
Relay for Life this Friday in Tifton
At Relay for Life events, communities across the globe come together to honor cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and fight back against a disease that has already taken too much, according to Relay for Life.Continued ...
The public can get involved locally by attending the Relay for Life of Tift County, which kicks off at 7 p.m. Friday at the E.B. Hamilton Complex and Optimist Park with the opening ceremony. A survivor reception will be held at 6 p.m. at the pavilion.
- Dewey Lee receives honor
- Disabled artists exhibit begins May 1 at Georgia Museum of Agriculture
- Senior community looks to expand
- Stolen debit card returned
- Relay for Life this Friday in Tifton
- Local Sports
Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
For Ryan Branch and the Tiftarea Academy Panthers football team, it is one step closer to a regular football schedule. They have 10 games this year, down from the 11 of the past two.
- Horne named to MaxPreps freshman squad
- ABAC golf team finishes eighth in district championship
- Tiftarea headed for state track meet
- Blue Devils slide past ‘Cats on Senior Day
- Panthers will play six on the road in 2014
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda