Angelina Wood, 30, of Adel, passed away Tuesday Oct. 23, 2012 at Phoebe North Hospital in Albany. Graveside services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday at Greegs Baptist Church Cemetery. The will receive friends from noon until 1:30 p.m. at Boone Funeral Home, 1804 S. Hutchinson Ave., Adel. She is survived by her parents, Gary L. and Linda Wood of Adel and two brothers, Anthony Sprague of Hahira and Rodney Sprague of Lenox. Condolences may be expressed to the family online at www.boonefunerals.com. Boone Funeral Home is serving the Wood family.
- Local News
Volunteers help with successful ‘Street’ cleanup
Tift County Commissioner Melissa Chevers’ “One Street At A Time” cleanup was once again a success with several volunteers coming out Saturday morning to pick up trash.Continued ...
The cleanup started at the corner of Highway 41 South and Southern Avenue. Volunteers also picked up trash on Golden Road.
- Dancing Stars to grace the stage in Tifton May 10
- TCSO arrests Albany woman for identity fraud
- Season of Quilts at Georgia Museum of Agriculture
- Things are looking peachy for Georgia's 2nd biggest crop
- Volunteers help with successful ‘Street’ cleanup
- Local Sports
Dr. Eric Holland and the Tift County Blue Devils were undecided earlier this week on a hotel room in Macon. One might not be needed. They might have been able to simply float home. The final game of the 2013-14 season was played Saturday night at the Macon Centreplex and it ended with a No. 1 team crowned in Class AAAAAA. Ten years after their last championship game appearance and 18 since their one and only title, the Blue Devils added a second to the trophy case, defeating the Wheeler Wildcats, 63-49.
- Tift wins state title
- Panthers rally but can't top Valwood
- Buddy Nobles is new head Irwin County head football coach
- Devils down to their final game
- State champs!
- Police Reports
- Your Agenda